Events at PYC
On April 25, 2021, a third wave of the COVID pandemic forced the Nova Scotia Government to fully lockdown the province yet again. Reopening was planned in five phases between June 6 and September 17, 2021. We are currently stalled in Phase 4, which has been extended to October 4th, due to a threatening 4th wave. Given the unpredictability of the spring 2021 wave and now the fall 2021 wave, many PYC events and rentals have been (and continue to be) cancelled. The event calendar below now only reflects the latest events and rentals that are being considered. Our venue is currently restricted to a maximum of 75 people inside. Please see the government website for full details relating to masking, dancing, taking attendance, and food production and service.
PYC usually hosts a number of social events and, depending on where things stand with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is our hope to host the following:
- HRM Recreation Fitness Classes - January 18 - March 30, 2021
- Seafood Chowder and Hamburger Soup Take-out - January 31
- Cancelled - St Patrick's Day Dance - March 13, 2021 - Ruckus Band
- Cancelled - HRM Recreation Fitness Classes - April 6 - June 7, 2021
- Cancelled - Spring Dance - May 8, 2021 - Ruckus Band
- HRM Yoga - June 9, 16, 23 and 30
- Lobster Roll Takeout - June 20, 2021
- Cancelled - Canada Day Celebration - July 1, 2021
- Cancelled - Learn to Sail Closing Banquet - August 26, 2021
- Restricted Attendance - Shearwater Race and Steak Barbecue - September 4, 2021
- Cancelled - Summer Weekend Coastal Cruise - September 11, 2021
- HRM Fitness Classes starting September 21
- Tentative: Halloween Dance - October 30, 2021 - Monkeys Uncle Band
- Tentative: Seaside Christmas Seafood Chowder and Soup Luncheon
- Tentative: Christmas Dance - November 27, 2021 - Ruckus Band
Below is our online calendar, which includes PYC Events and Private Functions that are tentatively booked for 2021 and 2022. If you have a function or an event that you would like to have at our club, please see Hall Rentals.
You can also visit our Facebook page where we place some of our event details.