Events at PYC
On April 25, 2021, a third wave of the COVID pandemic forced the Nova Scotia Government to fully lockdown the province yet again and this lockdown is in place until at least June 6, 2021. As a result, many PYC events and rentals to mid July 2021 have been cancelled. The calendar below now only reflects events and rentals that are still being considered. The Nova Scotia Government's re-opening plan is a 5-stage plan, with Stage 3, beginning on June 30, 2021, and that being the first stage to loosen restrictions on in-door gatherings and further loosen the restrictions on outdoor gatherings. Please see the government website for full details.
PYC usually hosts a number of social events and, depending on where things stand with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is our hope to host the following:
- HRM Recreation Fitness Classes - January 18 - March 30, 2021
- Seafood Chowder and Hamburger Soup Take-out - January 31
- Cancelled - St Patrick's Day Dance - March 13, 2021 - Ruckus Band
- Cancelled - More HRM Recreation Fitness Classes - April 6 - June 7, 2021
- Cancelled - Spring Dance - May 8, 2021 - Ruckus Band
- HRM Yoga - June 9, 16, 23 and 30
- Lobster Roll Takeout - June 20, 2021
- Cancelled - Canada Day Celebration - July 1, 2021 (tentatively an outdoor picnic)
- Summer Weekend Coastal Cruise - July 3, 2021
- Learn to Sail Closing Banquet - August 26, 2021
- Shearwater Race and Steak Barbecue - September 4, 2021
- Halloween Dance - October 30, 2021 - Monkeys Uncle Band
- Tentative - Seaside Christmas Seafood Chowder and Hamburger Soup Luncheon - November date to be determined
- Christmas Dance - November 27, 2021 - Ruckus Band
Below is our online calendar, which includes PYC Events and Private Functions that are tentatively booked for 2021. If you have a function or an event that you would like to have at our club, please see Hall Rentals.
You can also visit our Facebook page where we place some of our event details.