PYC Learn to Sail is hiring for Summer 2022
- Head Sailing Instructor
- CanSail 1 / 2 Sailing Instructor
- CanSail 3 / 4 Sailing Instructor
- Race Instructor
The successful applicants will work with participants of the Learn to Sail Program developing a lifelong enjoyment of sailing and will be role models for the youth of our community.
We are seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals with a love of sailing and working with children. Instructors will model safety and respect for everyone at all times.
- Strong organizational, time management, teamwork, communication and motivational skills
- Ability to learn continuously so as to excel at teaching young sailors to further hone their knowledge and skills within the CANSail Learn to Sail structure
- As required to fulfill qualifications and responsibilities listed above
- Deliver a quality sport experience for all participants
- Safety of students and equipment at all times
- inspect boats, equipment and facility for safety and take corrective action where necessary.
- monitor sailors to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance as required
- Teach students to the appropriate Sail Canada standard
- CANSail levels 1-4, students aged 8-16 years
- Wet Feet - students aged 5-8
- Prepare and deliver classroom lessons and practical training sessions about sailing, boating and water safety following the CANSail Learn to Sail program
- Complete evaluations for students on a regular and on-going basis
- Effective communication with participants, parents, other instructors, and Director
- Other tasks as needed and assigned by Director
- Support and supervise other instructors
- Coordinate the setup and take down of the program during the shoulder seasons
- Completion of the necessary CANSail instructor courses
~ CANSail 1-2 or 3-4 Instructor levels
~ Wet Feet an asset
- Coach Boat Safety Course
- Pleasure Craft Operating Card
- VHF Radio License
- Registered and paid Sail Canada Instructor insurance prior to start date
- Successful Police Background Check & Vulnerable Sector Screening
***If you have not yet completed all of your required prerequisite courses please indicate the dates of when you will be doing so.***
June 27, 2022 - September 2, 2022
Sailing lesson dates:
July 4, 2022, to August 26, 2022
Additional hours may be available during the spring and fall.
Please indicate your availability when applying.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a short summary of your sailing background to:
Maria Aaboe - PYC LTS Director